Globally, approximately 2 billion people have permanent teeth affected by cavities, while 514 million children have primary teeth affected by cavities.
Everyone has germs in their mouths. It is a fact that bacteria cover our teeth, tongue, and every other surface of our mouths. However, a healthy mouth is naturally protected from infection. Cracks in that armor – through cavities, gum disease, or dental trauma – allow bacteria to enter and cause problems.
What is a tooth infection?
A tooth abscess or tooth infection is a common problem that arises due to bacteria. This infection can cause excruciating pain and lead to severe complications if left untreated. Tooth infections can affect the teeth themselves, surrounding areas, and even the tooth roots.
What are the symptoms of a tooth infection?
Pain in the teeth is the most common symptom of a tooth infection. Here are other signs and symptoms of a tooth abscess:
- Pain when consuming cold and hot foods and beverages.
- Discomfort when applying pressure to teeth.
- Bad odor in the mouth.
- Bleeding with pain.
- Bleeding while brushing.
- Swelling in your face.
- Having a salty taste in your mouth.
How do you cure a tooth infection?
Visit your dentist if you are suffering from severe pain to get proper treatment. In addition, there are some home remedies you can try when you suspect a tooth infection:
- Use clove oil on your gums; it helps reduce pain. Regular use of clove oil can help prevent tooth infections.
- Make a baking soda paste and apply it around the affected area.
- Rinse your mouth with warm saltwater. Mix half a tablespoon of salt in a glass of warm water and rinse multiple times. This saltwater mixture helps alleviate pain temporarily.
- Garlic has germ-fighting properties and is considered a natural antibiotic. When you experience sharp pain in your teeth, take a garlic clove and gently bite around the affected area. It can help ease pain and prevent bacterial infection.
Alcohol can also help reduce infection. Soak a cotton ball in a strong alcoholic beverage and place it in the infected area. This can reduce infection and provide temporary pain relief.
(Note: Do not use this remedy on children)
- Cold therapy can reduce external swelling of your mouth. Use ice packs or make an ice cube bag and apply it around the infected areas.
- Oil pulling is an old remedy that is helpful for tooth infections. Take a bit of coconut oil, oregano oil, or olive oil and swish it in your mouth before breakfast.
Use of Ayurvedic Products:
Get rid of a tooth infection for a long-lasting healthy smile with Ayuugain Happy Smile, an Ayurvedic gum massage oil. It is a mixture of natural and Ayurvedic ingredients. Regular use of this oil can help you prevent various tooth problems and maintain good oral health.
There are numerous causes of tooth infections. You can treat your teeth and surrounding areas with these home remedies. However, in our busy lives, not everyone has sufficient time to use these remedies. Ayuugain Happy Smile is one of the best Ayurvedic products that can help you prevent tooth problems. Regular use of this oil strengthens your gums and eliminates bad odor from your mouth.
Visit your nearest dentist if you are suffering from the high pain and infection.